Denver Public Works will host Metro Denver's largest Bike To Work Day Breakfast Station at Civic Center Park from 6:30 A.M. – 9:00 A.M. on Wednesday, June 27, 2012.
Stop by on your ride into downtown to enjoy free samples from our vendors and learn more about a variety of organizations promoting cycling and sustainable living. Shift into a new mode of transportation and plan your route to the Civic Center Park breakfast station on Bike to Work Day.
Registration is free - register for the event and plan your route at http://www.biketowork2012.com.
Highlights of the morning at Civic Center Park include:
• The first 1,000 people to visit the Public Works table will receive a free Denver Bike Map- a Civic Center Park Breakfast Station exclusive - newly redesigned and featuring 50 new miles of bike lanes as well as B-Cycle station locations
• Hop on a giant big wheel for a fun ride provided by UnitedHealthcare
• Relax after your ride with free yoga mini sessions throughout the morning lead by instructors from Breathe Yoga
• Register to win a “like new” refurbished adult bike from Goodwill
• Have your bike tuned up for free with bike techs from Park Hill Bike Depot, and Any and All Bikes
• Mayor Michael B. Hancock and Governor John W. Hickenlooper will address the crowd between 8:30-9 a.m.
• Learn more about local bike organizations like Denver B-Cycle, BikeDenver, Bicycle Colorado, and Denver Cruisers as well as the USA Pro Cycling Challenge
• Tasty free breakfast treats from some of your favorite vendors including: Starbucks Coffee, Jason’s Deli, Vitamin Cottage, IZZE, Larabar, Blue Bell Ice Cream, Honest Tea, and Watercourse Foods.
Bike to Work Day is organized by the Denver Regional Council of Governments’ (DRCOG) RideArrangers program with help from community planning partners. DRCOG is a nonprofit collaborative association governed by a Board of Directors representing 56 county and municipal governments.